Welcome to Our High School Liaison Page
ATENS 2012 workshop:
Collaborative Trouble Shooting: Transitioning from High School English to Post-Secondary Studies, Session D-3,
2-3 pm, Friday Oct. 26th.
Maryanne McNeil & Andrea Schwenke Wyile
Park Place Ramada Plaza Hotel, Dartmouth
We have compiled a list of links we feel will be of benefit to you:
- The Basics (about Courses)
- First Year English
- Course Content & Expectations
- High School Student University Expectations FAQ
- 12+ Video Interviews of English & Theatre students at all levels of study
- Coming soon: High School student questions answered by Acadia English & Theatre students.
Writing Resources: Model Essays
Teaching Resource, courtesy of Dr. Steven Van Zoost, Avonview High School: How to write a University Paper - a High School English Lesson
Acadia English High School Liaison Postcard
Essay Writing Guidelines
First year students are sometimes disappointed by their marks on essays. The attached shows what is expected at the High School level and what is expected at the University level. Speak with your English instructor if you have any questions.